Rates subject to increase on 1 September 2024
Join us for an unforgettable experience with amazing views of the Robben Island nature conservation area, a World Heritage Site, and the notorious prison. In addition, you can enjoy sweeping 360-degree views of Cape Town when flying with Cape Town Helicopters. We will land on Robben Island.
Highlights of the Private Robben Island Helicopter Tour include an aerial view and private tour of the prison, the limestone quarry, and postcard views of Cape Town. Robben Island Museum is a historical landmark and world heritage site best known as the political prison where Nelson Mandela was held captive during his 18 to 27 years imprisonment. For hundreds of years, it was a site of banishment and isolation for undesirables, a leprosy colony, and a World War II outpost. Since its establishment as a World Heritage Site, the main attraction for visitors to the island has been the maximum-security prison.
Duration: 2 hours
Highlights of the Robben Island private tour include:
- A scenic helicopter flight to and from the V&A Waterfront.
- Private Tour of Robben Island Village, including the Sobukhwe House, limestone quarry, etc.
- Visit Nelson Mandela’s prison cell as part of the maximum-security prison tour.
- Your own vehicle on the island
- Your own private guide on the island where an ex-political prisoner will guide you at the Maximum-Security Prison, and you’ll receive unparalleled insight into the significant role that each of the Robben Island inmates collectively played throughout.
- The tour is tailor-made to suit the guests’ needs and interests
- Guests can charter a helicopter to land and take off from Robben Island Museum
- Quote available on request